Thursday, September 18, 2008

Potpourri

Saturday was the Peanut's second NICU reunion. S asked me to go with her this year. How awesome to see these little ones doing so well. Medical advances have been amazing in saving babies' lives. M was reading one of my college textbooks (copyright 1957) and learned that babies born at the age the Peanut was had a 5% chance of survival. S has a book now that says the survival rate is about 80%. What an improvement in 50 years. And not just saving lives but so many of these babies now do not have long-term health consequences from their prematurity. Here is the Peanut and one of her NICU-mates at the reunion.

I have been following a couple food blogs and picked up some good recipes along the way. This has become one of our favorites - Creamy Chicken Enchiladas. So easy and so yummy! I served it to company the other night complete with from-scratch Margharitas and fiery Fire and Ice Salsa.


Two more pairs of socks have joined my "collection..."

Twinkle Toes by Cookie A in Blue Moon Fiber Arts Socks that Rock (heavyweight) Muddy Bottom Breakdown colorway. They're perfect with my handpainted Swedish clogs!

Special sock pattern for Summer of Socks 2008 by Wendy Johnson in Shibui Knits yarn.


I have several sock patterns calling my name and a Clapotis and the Mystery Shawl #4 on the needles. I think I'll knit this afternoon...

No comments: