Friday, October 10, 2008

October Summer

Last week was summer all over again... temps in the upper 80s and low 90s... warm sun on my face, sweat running down my back... yup, I wasn't in Maryland. S and the Peanut and I traveled to South Texas to find a house for them to live in. In the location where they will be there wasn't much available. Luckily we found a rental that will be suitable for them. The rest of the time we spent exploring San Antonio and visiting with one of S's friends.

First stop... the Alamo for pictures. I guess to prove we are really here...


Of course we had to do the walk along the San Antonio River. San Antonio is one of my absolutely favorite US cities and I have lost count of the number of times I have been there. It is always a pleasure and this time was no exception. We strolled around the city and took a river "cruise."

Peaceful and restful...



The Peanut made a new friend on the trip - the daughter of S's friend... she was a preemie also; born nearly as early as the Peanut. Look how healthy they are!


If you want to help insure that all babies born too early have the same opportunity at health as they have and to reduce the incidence of prematurity, please go to the March of Dimes website, sign the petition, and support March of Dimes research.

There is a relatively new sculpture in downtown San Antonio - the Torch of Friendship Sculpture. Fifty tons of red steel rising above the river and gifted by the Association of Mexican Entrepreneurs of San Antonio.

No comments: